Tuesday 5 August 2014

The best time to bring happiness into your life is NOW

There is no other thing on the whole Earth that I can compare with the experience that galloping with a horse can give me. Whoever said that 'while galloping we borrow freedom from a horse' could not be more right. The most beautiful, joyful and precious moments in my life are these I was gifted by a horse when galloping with him across endless space of breathtaking trails. Pure joy, an absolute fusion with the present moment and a complete connection with a wild nature of a horse. There is something very mystical in it for me. It is like touching something intangible, profoundly pure and flawless. It is like touching and for a moment being one with a horse wild spirit. It is like pure BEING.

How can I make this feeling last forever? I asked myself once. Why shouldn't I feel like this in my daily life too? Simply being happy.

A way too long I lived my life with a misleading belief that happiness was a risky business. Any joyful and pleasant experience always had to be somehow earned or worked off with pain, misery and suffering. As if being happy was a sin that would consequently bring guilty feelings and punishment. Who would even dare to think about being happy in a world like this? Having tried to avoid pain I kept postponing all the good things that I would dream about and strive for otherwise. Until I met them. 

Horses taught me that an authentic life requires courage to face the pain on the way to reach happiness. 'Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional' says an old saying. Problems will come to our lives anyway, good things we have to invite. Saving happiness for tomorrow is an easiest short-cut for greatest regrets and sorrow. Pain is inevitable, suffering is not necessary. 


Komorze, Fot. Gosia Letki

Some time ago I came across an interesting article about the book by Bronnie Ware. Based on her experience of working for many years with patients that were approaching the end of their days she came up with 'Five Top Regrets of the Dying'. They are: 'I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me. I wish I didn't work so hard. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends. And I wish that I had let myself be happier'.

Life is a temporary thing but we can make it beautiful till the very end simply by avoiding the regrets. Let the list of the Five Top Secrets for Happy, Loving and Peaceful Life inspired by the Bronnie's book and the horse-teachers help us to live beautifully:

1. The best time for my true and authentic life is NOW

2. The best time to work less and enjoy every moment is NOW

3. The best time to express my feelings I feel like expressing is NOW

4. The best time to share my time with the loved ones is NOW

5. The best time to bring joy and happiness into my life is NOW


Happiness is a choice. You can choose happiness now.

No comments:

Post a Comment