Friday 27 June 2014

When the student is ready, the master appears



Today briefly but on something essentially important. Today I dare to challenge all the negative thoughts that sometimes creep over our horizon. Thought like: "this is pointless", "I do not understand anything", "why it happens?", "I wish it was different", "why he/she does it/does not do it to me?". I will answer these questions with one brief but exceptionally beautiful phrase - Buddhist proverb - "when the student is ready, the master appears". Do you know what it tries to convey? In fact, we are the one who marks the pace of the changes in our lives. It happens what we are ready for to happen, or, what needs to happen for us to learn something to move forward. And when life gives us the same lessons again and again, maybe it s worth doing the homework with greater attention and care?

It is enough to look back. In the end everything happens for some reason and leads to something. Our photographs visualise it in the best way. Have you ever stopped for a minute and reflected on the pictures of yourself? How have you changed over past years? what is the direction you face? Is it the direction you have chosen for yourself? What are the motives that appear on your pictures most frequently? It is a wonderful lesson.

Horses appears in my life probably with my first breath. My first memories from childhood are with a notebook, where on each page I had drawn a horse long before I learned how to write and read. I watched every western movie with great passion and I the horse post stamps meant so much to me! The rocking horse was (and still is) the greatest treasure. I was even able to wake up at dawn and walk several kilometres to see the horses kept in another town.

And then for long, long years nothing. The horses had been waiting patiently.

Spain, 2008



And then, after many years and numerous travels, many adventures, so many people that came in and left my life, one day I felt ready to invite them again. There is something very magical about horses that attracts me and does not let me go away. They are my precious teachers, they changed my life and still continuing to change it in many profound ways. I did check my photographs  too - in Spain,  in Italy, they were always close, but it was me who was not ready to receive them. "When the student is ready, the master appears". Perhaps this metaphor will let you experience more peace and patience with what is going on now in your life - professionally, personally, in relations and in perusing your dreams.

There is one more wise sentence I heard once that sums it all up in a very beautiful way - that each change outside is only the consequence of the change inside of us.

And you, what kind of student are You?

L.



No comments:

Post a Comment